|Title:||Manor Court Document|
|Date:||01 January 1887|
|SOLD - transcription available:||£5.00|
|Good consistent with age|
|Paper : 3 sheets 41cm x 26cm plus cover sheet on paper watermarked 1885|
|Summary of contents|
George Alger PARRIS of 4 Gatcombe Road, Holloway, Middlesex. Gentleman.
This is a document of the Manor of Kennington, Surrey which belongs to the Duchy of Cornwall.
It tells us that Robert Parris, uncle of George Alger Parris, had held copyhold land in the manor since 1854. Following the death of Robert, George Parris is being admitted to a half share of his property.
The property consists of :
1. 10 houses in Tyers Street, Vauxhall, including The Crown Beer House.
2. 15 houses in Spring Gardens.
3. 11 houses in Vauxhall Walk, including the Queen Anne Beer House.
4. 14 houses in Cross Street.
5. 17 houses in Glasshouse Street.
6. 2 houses and a factory called The Surrey Iron Works on the West side of Vauxhall Walk.
See also FamilyChest document number 0609042 which gives evidence of the relationship betwen George Parris and Robert Parris.
Note that there is no signature on this document and the precise date has not been filled in.
|Website: www.familychest.co.uk email: email@example.com|