|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
|Date:||25 November 1803|
|Generally good for is age. There is one stain (1cm dia) and a small hold (3mm long). The printed heading "This Indenture", is in poor condition. Otherwise clearly legible throughout.|
|Parchment : 1 sheet 66cm x 82cm with 2 wax seals, 2 signatures and revenue stamps|
|Summary of contents:|
Richard KEYS of Stoke in the Parish of Stone, Staffordshire. Brassmaker.
George VERNON of Hilderstone Hall, Staffordshire. Gentleman.
Richard Keys is mortgaging property in Stone, Staffordshire to George Vernon for £3000. It consists of the following. all of which is bounded on one side by the Grand Trunk Canal:
1. The Little Meadow at Stoke in the Parish of Stone, containing 1 rood and 20 perches, with a dwelling house on it.
2. A Brassworks erected on this plot.
3. An adjoining piece of land of 1 acre, with buildings now in construction for enlarging the brassworks.
4. Offices consisting of 3 rooms adjoing (3)
5. A lime kiln on some part of the property.
|Website: www.familychest.co.uk |