|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
|Title:||Deed of Gift|
|Date:||22 January 1884|
|Very good except for being slightly more crumpled than is usual|
|Parchment : 1 sheet 58cm x 71cm with 2 wax seals and 2 signatures. There is no revenue stamp.|
|Summary of contents:|
Alfred WHEELER of The Croft, Park Town, City of Oxford, Oxfordshire. Gentleman.
Emma Charlotte WHEELER wife of Alfred WHEELER of the same place.
Alfred Wheeler wishes to make provision for his wife and is accordingly transferring freehold and leasehold property to her as follows:
1. Freehold dwellinghouses at numbers 25 and 26 St Ebbes Street, Oxford.
2. Freehold dwelling house at number 10 Castle Street, Oxford.
3. Four plots of freehold building land in Stanley Road, Iffley road, Oxford.
4. 13 plots of freehold building land at Sunnymede, Oxford.
5. A freehold building in Leopold Street "occupied by a Sect known as Salvationists".
6. 16 leasehold houses in St Ebbes Street, St Aldates Street, Whites Yard and Godfreys Yard.
Note that the document is not stamped, which can mean that the contract was not legally completed. It is however, signed by both parties.