|Date:||14 September 1804|
|SOLD - transcription available:||£10.00|
|Somewhat discoloured but otherwise good consistent with its age|
|Parchment : 1 sheet 38cm x 57cm with 1 wax seal, signature and revenue stamps|
|Summary of contents|
John MICKLETHWAIT of Bridge Place, Parish of Salehurst, Essex. Esquire.
Mary Mercer DURRANT of Robertsbridge, Parish of Salehurst, Sussex. Spinster.
John Micklethwait is selling a small piece of land in Salehurst to Mary Durrant for £3/13/6d. The plot contains 3 and a half rods and we are told that Mary Durrant has recently erected a Coachhouse and Stable on it.
It is near Salehurst church and is bounded on the North by the lane leading from Northbridge Street to Salehurst church. John Micklethwait owns other land to the East and South.
A memorandum added on the back mentions a marriage settlement made in 1831 in contemplation of the marriage of John Mercer Bosville Durrant and Francis HUBBARD. This also mentions an Eleanor DURRANT.
|Website: www.familychest.co.uk |