|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
Original (signed) document & photo
|Title:||Lease for a Year|
|Date:||14 September 1803|
|Condition:||Very good for its age|
|Parchment : 1 sheet 50cm x 72cm with 2 wax seals, 2 signatures and revenue stamp|
|Summary of contents:|
Edward MOORE of the Parish of Goodrich, Herefordshire. Miller.
John BROWNE of the Parish of Whitchurch, Herefordshire.Gentleman.
William BROWNE of Gancrew, Herefordshire. Gentleman.
Thomas BROWNE of Llangarron, Herefordshire. Gentleman.,
This is the first part of a contract of sale by Lease and Release in which Edward Moore and John Browne are selling property in Whitchurch, Herefordshire, to William and Thomas Browne. The property consists of:
1. Farm called Littlefield with garden and orchard
2. Malthouse, stable and cyder-mill adjoining,
3. Parcel of land of 3 acres called Pikes.
4. Parcel of land of 4 acres called the Suit Acre.
5. 2 other closes of land totalling 8 acres.
It appears that this property came into the hands of Edward Moore and John Browne in 1796.
|Website: www.familychest.co.uk |