|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
|Date:||13 December 1836|
|Good consistent with age|
|Parchment : 2 sheets 54cm x 74cm with 6 wax seals, 6 signatures and revenue stamps.|
|Summary of contents:|
William BUTT of Ledbury, Herefordshire. Grocer.
Joseph BIRD of Ledbury, Herefordshire. Auctioneer.
Thomas PAYNE of Wellingtons Heath, Ledbury, Herefordshire. Cordwainer.
Edward HOOPER of Ledbury, Herefordshire. Yeoman (deceased).
William PRITCHARD of Bosbury, Herefordshire. Labourer.
Ann MORGAN of Ledbury, Herefordshire. Spinster.
James GREGG of Ledbury, Herefordshire. Gentleman.
John HOOPER of Bosbury, Herefordshire. Yeoman (deceased).
The Indenture concerns a cottage and land at Catley in Bosbury, Herefordshire known as Suffield and containing 2 roods, 6 perches. It is bounded on the West by the turnpike from Ledbury to Bromyard. The following transactions are recited:
1. It was mortgaged in 1819 for £90.
2. In 1824 the mortgage was transferred to John Hooper.
3. A further £30 was added to the mortgage in 1831.
4. In 1831 John Hooper put the mortgage into the hands of two trustees, of whom William Butt is the sole survivor.
5. In 1832 the property was acquired by William Pritchard and he took over the mortgage.
6. John Hooper died in 1833 leaving his property to his brother Edward Hooper.
7. Edward Hooper died in April 1836 having appointed Joseph Bird and Thomas Payne as his executors.
8. The situation now is that William Pritchard owes £122/8/-d including interest to William Butt in his capacity as Trustee.
Now Ann Morgan is buying the property from William Pritchard for £145 of which £122/6/-d goes to William Butt to pay off the mortgage and the balance goes to William Pritchard.
James Gregg acts only as some sort of trustee and plays little real part.
|Website: www.familychest.co.uk |