|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
|Date:||17 June 1882|
|Good consistent with age|
|Parchment : 1 sheet 59cm x 75cm with 3 wax seals, 3 signatures and revenue stamp.|
|Summary of contents:|
Aspinall Clayton of Smallshawhey, Parish of Great Harwood, Lancashire. Farmer.
John Clayton of Smallshawhey, Parish of Great Harwood, Lancashire. Farmer.
Joseph Duxbury of Accrington, Lancashire. Ironfounder.
James Clayton (deceased) of Great Harwood, Lancashire. Gentleman.
The document begins by reciting that James Clayton died in 1881 leaving a Will in which his property was left to his Executors and Trustees, Aspinall Clayton (his brother) and Joseph Duxbury (his brother in law). The Trustees were directed to sell the property. This they are now doing for £874/5/-d to John Clayton.
The property consists of :
1. Plot of land in Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, part of Cabin End Field, containing 51 square yards with a dwelling house and other buildings.
2. Another part of Cabin End Field containing 33 square yards.
3. A quarter share in 3 houses Nos 27, 39 and 40 in Jack Croft, Grimshaw Park, Blackburn, Lancashire.
4. A quarter share of a close called 'The Croft' in Great Harwood.
5. 2 dwellinghouses at Bottom Gate, Blackburn, Lancashire.
6. Plot of land in Blackburn called the 'Further Syke' with 12 houses in Moor Street and Toppings Court (this last is held on a 999 year lease).
A memorandum added on the back tells us that item 6. was sold to John Brown in 1881.
|Website: www.familychest.co.uk |