|Title:||Lease for a Year|
|Date:||23 April 1824|
|SOLD - transcription available:||£10.00|
|Parchment : 1 sheet 54cn x 76cm with 2 wax seals, 2 signatures and revenue stamp|
|Summary of contents|
Robert Elmhirst of Ouslethwait, Yorkshire. Esquire.
George Broadrick of Finningley Park, Yorkshire. Esquire.
This is the first part of a contract of sale by Lease and Release in which Robert Elmhirst is selling property in the parishes of Wroot (Lincolnshire) and Hatfield (Yorkshire) to George Broadrick.
The property consists of
1. Messuage with 3 acres of land at Corn Carr partly in each of the two parishes above.
2. A close of half an acre called Alderholme, also in both parishes.
3. Several closes totalling 120 acres at Canby Ground.
4. Several closes totalling 30 acres called Alderholme in Hatfield.
5. 3 pieces of land on the " Poor Piece " in the township of Sykehouse, parish of Fishlake, Yorkshire, totalling 27 acres which were allocated by the Hatfield, Thorne and Fishlake Inclosure Act.
We are told that the property 1- 4 above were in the Estate of Mordecai Cutts who gave them in his will to William Elmhirst, the father of Robert Elmhirst
|Website: www.familychest.co.uk email: email@example.com|