|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
|Date:||05 April 1898|
|Fair. A little grubby on the two outer sides and with a small nibble by a mouse on one edge|
|Parchment : 4 pages 39cm x 26cm with 2 wax seals, 2 signatures and revenue stamps|
|Summary of contents:|
John Browne Erskine WILSON of number 2 Princes Mansions, Victoria Street, Middlesex. Gentleman.
Aubrey Fodham TOWGOOD of Riversfield, St Neots, Huntingdonshire. Gentleman.
William Robert BIDDELL of number 12 Southwark Street, Surrey. Hop Merchant.
John Wilson and Aubrey Towgood are mortgaging property in and around Canterbury, Kent, to William Biddell for £7,000. The property consists of the following, of which items 1-4 are in the Parish of St Mary Northgate, Canterbury.
1. "Northgate Brewery" with yard and stabling on the turnpike road from Canterbury to Ramsgate.
2. Two messuages known as numbers 1 and 2 New Town with Cask cleaning shed and cooperage.
3. Messuage at number 111 New Street, New Town, now used as a boiler house for the brewery.
4. Four messuages at numbers 37-40 New Street, New Town, now used as part of the brewery.
5. Beerhouse known as "The Brewery Tap" in the Parish of Seasalter, Kent.
6. Malt house in the parish of Sturry, Kent, adjoining *The Red Lion".
7. Beerhouse called "The Rose and Crown" in North Street. Herne Bay, Kent.
8. Beerhouse called "The Canterbury Bell" at Sandhurst, Kent.
|Website: www.familychest.co.uk |