|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
Original (signed) document & photo
|Date:||06 April 1864|
|Parchment : 1 sheet 61cm x 75cm with 2 wax seals and revenue stamp.|
|Summary of contents:|
Parkin Wigelsworth of Boston and Donnington, Lincolnshire. Gentleman.
Brady Brocklesby of Easthorpe, Leicester. Yeoman.
The document begins by reciting an indenture of Mortgage of 1857 in which Mary Ann Brocklesby borrowed £250 from Parkin Wigelsworth secured on land in South Killingholme, Lincolnshire. There was also a prior mortgage of £750 on the property, and an annuity of £20 per annum payable to Brady Brocklesby secured on the same property.
Two days previously (ie 04/04.1864) Brady Brocklesby sold his annuity to Parkin Wigelsworth.
We are told that the original £250 loan is now due to Parkin Wigelsworth, and this enables him to sell the property to Brady Brocklesby for £650.
The property consists of :
1. Parcel of land called First Home Close abutting on the Harborough and Hatten road on the West (9 acres).
2. Messuage and Seven Acre Close adjoining (1) on the East side.
3. Parcel of land called Far Hom Close (7 acres) with newly erected messuage.
4. Parcel of land (2 acres) in South End, South Killingholme, known as Naylor Paddock.
5. Parcel of land (3 acres) in South End known as New Close.
|Website: www.familychest.co.uk |