|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
|Title:||Grant of Annuity|
|Date:||23 May 1860|
|Parchment : 2 sheets 59cm x 70cm with 2 wax seals and revenue stamps.|
|Summary of contents:|
Mary Ann Brocklesby late of Budge Street, Scawby, Lincolnshire, now of Wisley Terrace, Bigley, Lincolnshire. Widow.
Brady Brocklesby late of Billingborough, Lincolnshire, now of Easthorpe, Leicestershire. Yeoman.
Thomas Bower of South Killingholme, Lincolnshire. Farmer.
We are told that in April 1857 Mary Brocklesby sold an annuity of £20 per annum to Brady Brocklesby for £315. The annuity has so far been paid up to date, but the arrangement is now being formalised and secured on property in South Killingholme. Thomas Bower is acting as a trustee in the arrangement.
The property consists of:
1. Parcel of land called First Home Close abutting on the Harborough and Hatten road on the West (9 acres).
2. Messuage and Seven Acre Close adjoining (1) on the East side.
3. Parcel of land called Far Hom Close (7 acres) with newly erected messuage.
4. Parcel of land (2 acres) in South End, South Killingholme, known as Naylor Paddock.
5. Parcel of land (3 acres) in South End known as New Close.