|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
|Title:||Abstract of Title|
|Date:||01 January 1877|
|Good. The cover sheet has small tears along the fold, and the first sheet is a little grubby, but generally in good condition.|
|Paper : 10 sheets and 1 cover sheet 42cm x 34cm. This document is not dated, but the final event listed took place in 1875 and 1877 has been written on the cover.|
|Summary of contents:|
James KEMP of The Atlantic Wine and Spirit Stores, Brixton, Surrey. Licensed Victualler.
Edwin HERITAGE of Loughborouh Road, Brixton, Surrey. Builder.
William WEBSTER of Waltham Abbey, Essex. Corn Merchant.
Johnson BARTLETT of Loughborough Road, Brixton, Surrey. Builder.
Joseph DREW of Commercial Road East, Middlesex. Surgeon and Apothecary.
Maria LEWIS of Bristol. Widow.
Martha DREW (formerly WEBSTER) wife of Joseph DREW.
The document is headed 'Abstract of the title of James Kemp to 12 houses in Sussex Road, Brixton, Surrey'. It recites the following Indentures:
1. 19/6/1847 Lease for 76 years from Edwin Heritage to William Webster. This is for 4 houses numbered 48 - 51 Sussex. Road.
2. 21/6/1847 Lease for 76 years from Edwin Heritage and Johnson Barlett to William Webster. this is for numbers 18 - 21 Sussex Road.
3. 22/6/1847 Lease as (2) above for numbers 14 - 17 Sussex Road.
4. 18/8/1954 William Webster assigns the residue of he lease on these 12 houses to Joseph Drew. This is in consideration of "the natural love and affection" of William Webster for his daughter Martha Drew who is the wife of Joseph Drew.
5. 1/6/1874 Joseph Drew assigns the residue to the lease to James Kemp for £1560.
6. 29/7/1875 James Kemp mortgages the property to Maria Lewis for £3850.