|Date:||21 June 1900|
|SOLD - transcription available:||£8.00|
|Parchment : 3 sheets 40cm x 26cm (written on 4 sides) with 4 wax seals and revenue stamp.|
|Summary of contents|
William Edward Kersey of Ipswich, Suffolk, Gentleman.
Robert Stocker Paul of Ipswich, Suffolk, Esquire
Frederick Tunrer of Ipswich, Suffolk, Esquire.
(The two above are acting as trustees of the Eastern Counties Permanent Benefit Building Society).
Frank Cadge of Ipswich, Suffolk, Insurance Broker
The document begins by reciting an Indenture of 1847 in which Christs Hospital in Ipswich gave a 99 year lease on a plot of land in the Parish of St Mary Stoke in Ipswich. It was on the South side of a New Road which led from Whetstead Road to the New Cut of the River Orwell.
By 1890 another Indenture recites that 8 messuages have been built on the plot by Robert Farman. Then in 1897, the property came into the hands of William Kersey.
William Kersey is now selling the residue of the lease to Frank Cadge for £475 with the agreement of the trustees of the building society who have a mortgage on it. The properties are now known as 37, 39, 41, 43, 45, 47, 49 and 51 Hawes Street.
|Website: www.familychest.co.uk |