|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
|Date:||02 April 1766|
|Good, consistent with age. Document is somewhat discoloured and crumpled along the folds, but otherwise good for its age.|
|Parchment : 2 sheets 59cm x 73cm with 1 wax seal and revenue stamps|
|Summary of contents:|
Elizabeth Bowreman of Alton near Cerne Abbas, Dorset. Widow.
Robert Worsley of Winford, Isle of Wight, Hampshire. Esquire.
This is the second part of a contract of sale by Lease and Release. Elizabeth Bowreman is selling property in the Parish of Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight, to Robert Worsley for £1,360.
The property consists of the following:
1. Messuage with pasture known as either Blackwater or Watergate totalling 18 acres.
2. 4 acres of pasture lying to the West of Russells Down.
3. Parcel containing 3 acres of pasture.
4. Close known as 'Upper Long Whitley' containing 3 acres.
5. Parcel of land called 'Colmans' containing 4 acres.
6. Close called 'Rye Close' containing 7 acres.
We are told that these lands had been in the inheritance of Edward Hayles of Newport, Isle of Wight (deceased) who left them to his daughter Anne Hayles. Anne died intestate and her estate passed to Elizabeth Bowreman and Mary, the wife of John Waters (formerly Mary Urry).