|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
|Title:||Assignment of Mortgage|
|Date:||23 August 1779|
|Parchment : 4 sheets 60cm x 45cm, 2 red wax seals with signatures, and revenue stamps.|
|Summary of contents:|
James Hore of the city of Oxford, Oxfordshire. Gentleman
Francis Brangwin of Middle Barton, Oxfordshire. Gentleman
John Brangwin of Middle Barton, Oxfordshire (deceased).
Thomas Walker of New Woodstock, Oxfordshire. Esquire
The document begins by reciting that in 1777 Francis Brangwin (Eldest son and Heir of John Brangwin of Middle Barton, deceased), mortgaged property in Middle Barton and Steeple Barton to James Hore for £500. Now James Hore is calling in that mortgage and Francis Brangwin is re-mortgaging to Thomas Walker for £900.
The property consists of:
1. One messuage or tenement with four 'Yard Lands' in Middle Barton
2. Three 'Yard Lands' in Middle Barton, Steeple Barton, Great Barton and Westcott Barton
3. Four cottages in Middle Barton and Steeple Barton
4. One messuage or tenement with one 'Yard Land' in Dunstew, Oxfordshire
5. A piece of meadow ground in North Aston, Oxfordshire.