|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
|Date:||22 March 1726|
|Good. Writing is exceptionally clear for its age.|
|Parchment : 1 sheet 54cm x 76cm with wax seal and duty stamp.|
|Summary of contents:|
Mary Wilder of Reading, Berkshire. Widow.
Edwin Paine of Reading, Berkshire. Painter-Stainer.
This is the second part of a sale by Lease and Release in consideration of £240, the Lease having been made the previous day. The property is a two-third share of the following property, all laying in the parish of Shinfield, Berkshire:
1. A messuage or tenement
2. Close called the Home Close (2 acres)
3. 5 Closes called the Five Sheefes (7 acres in total)
4. Piece of meadow called Meane(?) Mean (5 acres)
5. Close called the Black Lake (4 acres)
6. Piece of meadow in the Common Mead called Barttemew(?) Reads (1 acre)
7. Half acre of Arable land in the Hartley (?) Common fields.
|Website: www.familychest.co.uk |