|~~ Your FamilyChest Document ~~|
|Title:||Lease for a year|
|Date:||15 January 1810|
|Good, consistent with age.
|Parchment : 1 sheet 50cm x 59 cm with 2 wax seals and revenue stamp.|
|Summary of contents:|
Sir George Thomas of Dale Park, Sussex, Baronet
Edward Carleton of Arundel, Sussex, Esquire
William Parlett of Madehurst, Sussex, Yeoman
William Parlett obtains a lease for a year from Sir George Thomas and Edward Carleton at the rent of a peppercorn (so presumably this is part of a contract of sale by Lease and Release).
The property consists of:
1. Parcels of land formerly known as Ten Acres (?) and now known as Coxes (in total 50 acres) at Barnham End in the parish of Yapton.
2. 3 parcels of land called Lady Crofts in Yapton adjoining Coxes on the West, Sheeplease on the East and West Lane from Yapton to Barnham on the North.
3. 3 closes called Barnham End in Yapton.
4. Dwelling house on the North side of Lake Lane, Yapton
5. Parcel of land known as Little Croft, Yapton
6. Farm and 43 acres of land in the parishes of Yapton and Walberton.
|Website: www.familychest.co.uk |